Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Welcome to FFXI for the Casual Folk!

Ahh yes.... "Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Games (MMORPGs)" and "Casual Players." This is often something that doesn't go well together due to the fact that MMORPGs in general just take so much time and effort out of a person's everyday life that to have real fun would require them to sit on their desk for hours on end. Final Fantasy XI is no exception to that rule, to be able to build such a great character in the game with all the best equipment, it will require a time sink.

But lets think about that for a second. Does that mean you can't have fun with the game? I, myself, am a college student and I have quite a bit of free time on my hands to play this game on a more "hardcore" level. However, there will be a time where I won't have that free time and there are people out there who already don't have the free time to play this game. The game can be slow at times and it can be rather disheartening to know that what you're working up to won't be worth it to you in the end.

However, I feel that Final Fantasy XI can be enjoyed greatly by players who don't have a lot of time to spend on the game. While you may not be able to some of the equipment in the game, there are a lot of better alternatives that exist out there and not just equipment but just things that you can do to enjoy the game.

Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Mogknight and I play on the Carbuncle server. I have Warrior, Bard, Samurai, and Paladin leveled to 75 with my Black Mage making progress to 75. I have been playing Final Fantasy XI for roughly four years now and I feel that I have experience in a lot of what this game has to offer. So, I made this blog with the intention of letting the masses know that there are a lot of things in Final Fantasy XI that Square Enix has introduced which gives players more options to enjoy the game. I find it kind of surprising that not many players really look around for these things and it ends up being ignored most of the time. I also hope to open the views and perceptions of the players of Final Fantasy XI to many new things that they have missed while trying to pursue an endgame career.

Now, the topics I will cover in this blog will mainly focus on Final Fantasy XI but some of these ideas may apply in other MMORPGs or life in general. We all are from different walks of life and some of these things might not apply to you. I hope you readers will take this with an open mind and perhaps there would be a purpose for you walking around in Vana'diel as a Elvaan, Tarutaru, Hume, Galka, or Mithra.

No comments: